Free Tax Preparation for 2020

If you made less than $72,000 in 2020, you can have your taxes done for free! There are 3 options for free tax preparation:

1. File your taxes on your own: The United Way sponsors free tax preparation through Additionally, the IRS, has options through their free file partners to file your taxes for free. Visit to learn more.

2. Set-up an appointment with a Belmont Financial Coach to have your taxes completed virtually in partnership with our new Financial Education Center.  Click Here to set-up an appointment.

3. Call 2-1-1 or visit to set-up a virtual tax appointment with a certified VITA volunteer through another free tax site.


You will need the following documents to file your taxes for free:

  • - Proof of identification (photo ID)
  • -Original Social Security Cards (not copies) for you, your spouse, and dependents or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security; an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
  • -Birth dates for you, your spouse, and dependents on the tax return
  • -Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
  • -Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
  • -All Forms 1095, if received Health Insurance through the marketplace
  • -Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
  • -Copy of last year's federal and state returns, if available
  • -Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check