What is the FSS Program?
• The Family Self-Sufficiency Program is designed to help people who have rental assistance at Belmont achieve their goals of financial independence. We work with people who want to go back to school, get a better job, find full-time employment, improve their credit, or purchase a home.
How does the FSS program work?
• Individuals and families enroll in the FSS Program for a period of five years. At the beginning of the program, participants meet with their FSS Coordinators and create a goal plan that reflects whatever it is that they would like to achieve while they are enrolled in the program.
• Once enrolled in the program, your FSS Coordinator will work with you to help you achieve your goals.
• One-on-one credit counseling
• Help with creating a budget
• Job search assistance
• Financial education workshops
• Homeownership counseling
• Referrals to agencies based on your individual needs