Housing Choice Voucher Program
Erie County PHA Consortium Program
Unfortunately, no new applications for assistance can be accepted through the EC PHA Consortium's program due to length of waiting list and Federal funding cuts.
City of North Tonawanda PHA
Applications for a Housing Choice Voucher are currently being accepted through The City of North Tonawanda Program. Applicants who live, work or have notice of hire to work in the City of North Tonawanda will receive a selection preference.
How to Apply for a Voucher
There are three ways to apply for a Section 8 voucher through the City of North Tonawanda Program:
- Downloand and print: application (English), application (Spanish), Complete, sign and submit the application to any Belmont office.
- Call Belmont Housing Resources for WNY (884-2358 ext. 305) and ask that an application be mailed to you. Completed application can be mailed to any Belmont Housing Resources office or you can drop it off.
- Go to any Belmont Housing Resources office during regular business hours and complete an application on site.
Once your application is received and reviewed, you will be sent either a Waitlist Placement Letter or a Notice of Ineligibility.
Applicants who live, work or have notice of hire to work in North Tonawanda will receive a selection preference over those applicants who do not live, work, or have notice of hire to work in North Tonawanda.
Unfortunately there is not enough funding to give everyone a Section 8 Voucher immediately. So, once an applicant is determined eligible, their name must be placed on a waiting list according to their date of application.
For the Waitlist Application Update Line, call 716-884-2538, ext. 307
It is extremely important to keep your Section 8 application information up to date while you're waiting for a voucher, especially your address and phone number. If you can't be located when your name comes to the top of the list, you will lose your chance to receive a voucher.
Housing Resource Center
Our Housing Resource Center is located at:
1195 Main Street
Parking off Dodge Street
Open for walk-ins Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Thursday evenings until 8:00 p.m.
• Individual help locating affordable housing
• Computer access for housing searches
• Phones for housing inquiries
• Apartment listings
• Community Information
• Housing-related information for renters, landlords, homeowners
• Housing counseling